THE 59TH REGULAR MEETING OF INTERSTATE COORDINATION WATER COMMISSION
The 59th regular meeting of Interstate Coordination Water Commission was held on April, 26, 2012 in Ashgabad.
1. Regarding results of non-vegetation period 2011-2012, approved measures for flood water control, withdrawal limits, and mode of the reservoirs cascade on the Amudarya and Syrdarya rivers for vegetation period of 2012;
2. Regarding the progress of work on the regional project "Integrated water resources management in the Fergana Valley" (IWRM-Fergana) (responsible: SIC ICWC, Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources of the Republic of Uzbekistan, State Committee of Reclamation and Water Management of Kyrgyzstan, Ministry of Reclamation and Water Resources of the Republic of Tajikistan)
3. Regarding the progress of work on the regional project "Ferghana Valley Canal Automation" (responsible: SIC ICWC and BWO “Syrdarya”).
4. The organizing committee information on progress of preparing the anniversary international scientific-practical conference "Twenty years of cooperation on sharing management of transboundary water resources in Central Asia: methodical approaches, results, prospects";
5. Consideration of updated version of the "Concept of development of information exchange and communication mechanisms between participants in Central Asia";
6. Regarding agenda and venue of the next 60th ICWC meeting
The relevant decisions were adopted on all items of agenda.
Materials of the meeting will be published in the next ICWC bulletin planned in September 2012.
VISIT OF MR. NORBERT JOUSTEN, THE HEAD OF THE DELEGATION OF THE EUROPEAN UNION IN THE REPUBLIC OF UZBEKISTAN
Mr. Norbert Jousten, Head of the Delegation of the European Union in the Republic of Uzbekistan, visited the Scientific Information Center of ICWC on April, 25, 2012.
Prof. V.A. Dukhovny (Director of SIC ICWC) and Ziganshina D.R.(Deputy Director of SIC ICWC) and managers of some projects participated as representatives of SIC ICWC.
The structure and history of the Interstate Commission for Water Coordination (ICWC) of Central Asia, principles of its activity and issues on transboundary cooperation were presented to Mr. N. Jousten. Collaboration tools been successfully developed by SIC ICWC and being applied by ICWC, in particular the water-environmental portal and information system (CAREWIB project), the implementation of integrated water resources management ("IWRM-Fergana" project), development of regional training system were especially noted.