REGULAR 62ND MEETING OF THE INTERSTATE COORDINATION WATER COMMISSION
The regular 62nd meeting of the Interstate Coordination Water Commission for Central Asia was held on 18th December 2013 in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
The following matters were discussed under the agenda:
1. Results of the growing season 2013 in Amudarya and Syrdarya basins; water supply, operation of reservoir cascades and water withdrawal limits during the non-growing season 2013-2014 in the Amudarya and Syrdarya basins (responsible: BWO Amudarya and BWO Syrdarya).
2. Viewing comments and proposals to the Draft Concept for developing information exchange and relationship mechanisms among its participants in Central Asia (responsible SIC ICWC).
3. Primary areas for improvement of ICWC activity and mechanisms to achieve them.
- Plan for achievement of the primary areas in improvement of ICWC activity;
- Strategy of capacity building in the water sector of CA countries (responsible SIC ICWC).
4. Next 63rd ICWC meeting.
5. About appointment of the director of BWO Syrdarya
6. About ICWC Secretariat.
Materials of the meeting will be published in the next ICWC Bulletin to be issued in the beginnig of 2014.